2024-2025 PTA Board Nominations
The Nominating Committee is holding a 40 minute Info Session on Zoom on Thurs, Feb. 15 @ 6:30pm. Anyone can pop in and ask questions about certain positions or anything at all.
The Nominating Committee is actively looking for candidates for the 2024-2025 PTA Board. Joining the PTA is a fun way to meet new parents, get involved and contribute to our AMAZING school in a meaningful and rewarding way!
Elections for the Executive Board for ‘24-’25 will be held on March 19, 2024 at the next General Association Meeting. Our goal is to post the Slate of Nominees by February 20, 2024.
Many of our current Board members are interested in remaining in their positions next year for a second term. However, all positions are available.
Elected Officers - OPEN positions in orange
1st VP - Communications OPEN
2nd VP - Programs OPEN former VP staying on as Asst.
3rd VP - Fundraising
4th VP - Volunteers
Parliamentarian (appointed by President, not elected) OPEN
Appointed Committee Chairs
Arts Education Chair
Direct Appeal Chair OPEN
Membership Chair OPEN
Merchandise Chair OPEN former Chair staying on as Asst.
Technology Chair OPEN
Communications Assistant OPEN
Direct Appeal Assistant OPEN
Membership Assistant OPEN
Please remember, not all positions are extremely time consuming, but all positions are extremely important! Our goal is for our Board to be a diverse group of people and minds to properly advocate for our students and our school. We hope you’ll join us!
• If you are interested in being on the 2024-2025 PTA Board please contact a member of the Nominating Committee by February 19th. This will give us adequate time to discuss your possible role and answer any questions you may have.
• Brief job descriptions can be emailed upon request.
• Full job descriptions can be found on CAPTA's website here.
• You must be a member of the PTA ($9 membership can be paid through our website here) for 30 days prior to the board elections which will be held at the next General Association Meeting on March 19, 2024. If you'd like to be considered for a position, please be sure you become a member no later than February 18. Click here to become a member.
• The Nominating Committee will present the Executive Board nominees to be voted on at the General Association Meeting on March 19, 2024 (Nominees must be a PTA member at least 30 days before nomination to be eligible)
• Committee Chairs will be appointed by the incoming President after June 30, 2024.
Nominating Committee Members
Angela Vawter (Chairperson)
Ms. Morris (advisory role)
Mr. Talty (advisory role)
MWE is a highly esteemed school because of our teachers, our engaged parent community and the huge contributions of the PTA. We support vital educational supports and enhancements that every child can enjoy and that enrich their elementary school experience.
PTA Mission: The Mt. Washington PTA seeks to promote the interests and well-being of our kids and parents at school and in the community while adhering to the mission of the California State PTA. We seek to accomplish this through representation in our membership and the development and encouragement of their skills in advocacy, leadership and communication.