WHAT’S THE SIMPLEST WAY TO SUPPORT MWE?
Now more than ever, MWPTA membership keeps you connected to our whole school community. We invite you to be part of our active coalition of motivated and dedicated families and friends committed to our children’s education, well-being and academic success.
Our goal is to have 100% membership participation - for every student to be represented in our school, through parents, grandparents, neighbors, aunts, uncles, friends and even local businesses. All are welcome.
And at $9 per member, it’s a bargain. To get started click here.
There will be a chance drawing later this Fall for a special giveaway, and an opportunity for classrooms who reach 100% membership to earn a popsicle party. More details to come.
Once you become an active member, you’re invited to attend our five yearly General Association meetings. Participate and find out what is happening at our school, plans for the future, voice your concerns and ask questions. Throughout the year selected meetings will have parent-oriented workshops and speakers. This year we will be holding our first General Association PTA Meeting via Zoom. Here's the meeting schedule.
For any questions about PTA Membership, please email Laurel Dickow at firstname.lastname@example.org.
PTA MEMBERSHIP BRINGS US TOGETHER.
Benefits of a PTA Membership
- There's no better way to know what's happening in your school. Because PTA is a forum for exchanging ideas, you are encouraged to engage at association meetings, ask questions, and make suggestions. You’ll learn so much.
- By getting involved at the school, you'll be a part of the solution, helping make positive changes. Mt. Washington PTA plays an important role in fundraising to provide teacher aides, visual arts and performing arts, physical education, mental health supports and social events --- all vital to our students’ and school’s success.
- Parenting is not easy. PTA functions are opportunities to meet other parents, build your support system, and discuss issues that are on your mind.
- Volunteering with Mt. Washington PTA gives you an opportunity to put your skills and hobbies to use for a good cause, the best cause --- your child and all the children in the community.
- More than 85 rigorous academic research studies conducted over 30 years proves that kids do better when parents are involved. Grades are higher. Test scores improve. Attendance increases.
- By becoming a PTA member, you'll be demonstrating to your child the importance you place on their education.